Thai Massage is an ancient haling practice that originated in India some 2,500 years ago. The practice incorporates basic principles of old Indian medicine known as Ayurveda.
Thai massage is traditionally performed fully clothed on top of the soft mat on the floor. It is a relaxing and deeply soothing meditative massage practice that involves rhythmic rocking and gentle assisted stretching to stimulate body and help calm the mind. This safe practice can have profoundly beneficial even healing effects on the entire body.
Some of the many potential benefits of receiving a Thai Massage are:
- Reduced muscle tension, increased mobility and flexibility
- Body relaxation, detoxification and boost of the immune system
- Improved blood circulation and lowered blood pressure
- Better posture and body alignment, strengthened joint
- Higher energy levels, stamina and vitality
- Improved athletic performance
- Relief of arthritic pain, back pain, hip, neck and shoulder issues
- Relief of ailments, including chronic joint problems, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and more
- Decreased levels of stress, anxiety and depression
- Increased concentration and creativity
- Greater clarity and calmness of mind, and overall emotional balance
NOTE: Thai Massage is NOT a Registered Massage Practice and is NOT covered by the Extended Health Care Insurance.